Some of those are Bittrex’s own coins they earned from fees. It was like 0.25% per trade from safex to btc IIRC.
Now if volume was around 1 btc worth on average (sometimes much lower and many times higher) for the first year or so.
When safex was <20 (sometimes as low as 6 sats) for well over a year,
- that was average of more than 5 million safex per day
- that means 12,500 safex per day in fees
- or 4.5 million for the first year in fees
When safex was 20-60 sats, again for around 12 months in total and a corresponding higher average per day of BTC worth
- that is an average of at least 3 million per day
- or 7,500 per day
- or 2.7 million for the second year
Then after that it went crazy at times with nearly 100BTC some days traded at 60-800 sats
- for many months it was less than 500 sats and upto 100BTC per day
- 500 sats with 100BTC worth traded is 20 million per day and 50,000 in fees per day
- taking say 25,000 safex in fees per day for 4 months
- we get 3 million safex
Then there was another nearly a year. Lets just use 2.7 million fees
That totals 12.9 million back of envelope style maths
NOW withdrawal fees of ?10 safex and there has to have been 100K-1 million withdrawals over the 4 years. Thats at least another million safex in w/d fees and maybe up to 10 million
So over 14 million of that 64.9 million was fees etc and legitimately belongs to Bittrex.
Now I am also confident that under USA law there is a time period after which unclaimed goods/money becomes the property of the company. Bittrex has informed people via email to withdraw their safex and thus have fulfilled the notification requirements and now the question is what is the time period