I wouldn’t take Dan’s comments about going bankrupt seriously. What I know so far, is:
- There is a working alpha of the Safex blockchain (according to Dan’s statement);
- Balkaneum company has been established;
- Balkaneum company is hiring new people - http://balkaneum.com/careers.
Regarding financing, we simply don’t know how Balkaneum is financed and whether it is 100% dependent on Dan and Safex or not. We also don’t know if Balkaneum developers will be focused 100% on Safex, or if they also have other projects in the pipeline. I suspect there is some additional money involved, but I cannot really prove my claim. But this is something I don’t think we should concern ourselves with too much.
About the deadlines, Dan seems to be targeting April/May for Safex blockchain being operational and market being used (according to that screenshot). That would be great, but I remain sceptical. Even with the new staff (and it takes some time to hire them and get them up to speed), it seems to me like a very tight deadline going from alpha blockchain to the actual release of the marketplace.
Before we get to the actual marketplace being used, the first big objective (and a test!) will be to start the Safex blockchain, successfully convert Safex coins without too much drama, and start mining Safex Cash (+ airdrop). For me, if this can be done by end March/April, I would be very happy.
And then, there’s the issue of actual marketplace app design and testing, and related problems that may arise.
EDIT: to add - a workplan I would be happy with (and could believe in) would be:
- Safex blockchain and Safex Cash operational by April;
- Safex marketplace systems (interface etc…) fully designed and beta-tested by July/August;
- Full “official” launch of the marketplace in Autumn (after the summer break).
But feel free to prove me wrong, Dan & Co