This is a full week’s notice to all Safex Cash miners. The Safex Blockchain will be hard forking on the 26th November 2018 on block 61660, to the latest Cryptonote Algorithm CN2/V8.
Please read the following instructions carefully
- You will need to confirm your selected mining software supports CN2/V8 and download the latest version.
- For minimum downtime, you will need to be available to switch your mining software from CN1/V7 to CN2/V8 at block 61660.
- Failure to update your mining software and switch algorithms after block 61660 will most likely result in you submitting incorrect hashes and lead to an auto-kick and ban from your pool.
- CN2/V8 will produce a slightly lower hash rate by design, compared to CN1/V7 – do not panic. This is normal.
- Do not switch to CN2/V8 BEFORE block 61660, or remain on CN1/V7 after block 61660
Mining Pools confirmed ready for fork:
Pool operators will need to update to the latest version of the Safex Node and Wallet RPC. https://github.com/safex/safexcore
If you operate a pool and would like to confirm you are CN2/V8 ready, please email me asap – email@example.com.
XMRig - RUN AFTER BLOCK 61660
NOTE - MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR OLD CONFIG.JSON BEFORE REPLACING
- Extract latest XMRig ZIP file
- Edit config.json
- Change “algo”: “cryptonight” to “algo”: "cryptonight/2"
- All other setting should be the same as your previous config.json - same pool, username, password etc.
XMR-STAK - RUN AFTER BLOCK 61660
Download latest version of XMR-STAK here.
- Back up your previous XMR-Stak install - please make note of your pool, address, password etc, settings - they will be needed later.
- Download and extract latest version of XMR-Stak
- Run xmr-stak.exe - you will be given some options to follow
Do you want to use the HTTP interface? - Optional Yes or No
Please enter the currency that you want to mine - Cryptonight_v8
Pool Address - Enter the address of the pool you’re mining from
Username - This is your long Safex Cash address
Password - This can be left as “x” or used to identify your miner - E.G “Mining Rig 1”
Rig identifier for pool-side statistics - leave blank unless your pool allows it
Does this pool port support TLS/SSL? - No (unless you’re using the SSL port)
Do you want to use nicehash on this pool? - No
Do you want to use multiple pools? - No
NICEHASH MINERS - CHANGE AFTER BLOCK 61660
- Ensure you mining contract ends before block 61660 or that you cancel the contract prior to the pool switching.
- From the main dashboard menu click For Buyers -> My Pools
- Select the relevant Safex Cash mining pool. Click the grey Edit button
- Under Algorithm - select Cryptonight V8
- Everything else remains the same - press Update Pool
Going forward, you will have to start buying your hash power from the cryptonightv8 category.
Safex Cash 1 Click CPU Miner
An updated version will be released on or before the 26th November. Instructions will be given closer to the time.